The CHEESE!

My photo
Quincy, Washington , United States
FFF CI and THCI certified casting instructor Nextcast products. Email is gbencivengaspey@gmail.com

Saturday, June 14, 2014

I recently heard Knut Syrstad passed after a hard long battle with cancer.
I'm am fortunate to say I was able to meet him and his brother.
For as young as they are the made a very big difference in the world of Spey casting.
Knut will be missed.
My last conversation with him ended with him saying I'd probably never see him again, unfortunately he was right.
Watching him cast at SOR while battling cancer and in great pain while still being competitive was awe inspiring.
Goodbye my friend and RIP.

I'm in Portland now at the Westmorland pond visiting friends and getting some much needed practice.
It's perfect conditions  here now!

Some of the things I'm working on are my dreaded left single that really has hurt me at the last two SOR's.

Making good progress with it by cleaning up my back cast and I've been doing a lot of overhead to get a better hand path and cleaner acceleration in the forward cast.

Another task is getting my anchors and D loop in a better position and with better consistency especially on the left.

I'm also working at getting a bit more energy in my left and right snake roll back casts.


Feels good to get some practice in.

No comments:

Post a Comment